Waikato Environment Centre Manager
The closing date for applications for this position is the 14th February
Do you have a passion for the environment and love to make a difference?
The Waikato Environment Centre Charitable Trust is currently looking for a dynamic leader with strong organisational and management skills as their new Centre Manager.
Based in Hamilton, you will be working alongside environmental groups, businesses and government departments from across the Waikato, and will play a key role in managing and growing the role of the Trust towards achieving its Vision of a ‘Environmentally resilient Waikato region.’
Other responsibilities include the successful leadership and management of the organisation, achieving the annual Operations Plan, securing funding, managing projects and finances, liaison with key stakeholders, and ensuring the Centre meets the expectation of member environmental groups. You will report to the Trust Board.
Opportunities like this don’t come by too often. If you think you are up for the challenge and are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong organisational and management skills, including strategic planning and reporting
- Proven experience in fundraising
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience in public relations
- Sound understanding of the concept and philosophy of sustainability and a good working knowledge of environmental issues
- Competence in word processing, database management, social media and website maintenance.
- Project and events management experience
Hours of Work and Term of Contract
- The position is based on 30 hours per week. Flexibility is required regarding weekend and evening work.
To apply: Email your application and CV to email@example.com by 5pm 14th February 2014.